PDA

View Full Version : arcade scores

Dag
07-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Just to let everyone know there is a bug, or cheat if you will with the arcade where if you happen to have 2 or more game windows open at the same time a cross scoring "bug" thing can happen when you submit. Not all games have this "cheat" protection built into them while some do. Most older games are still vulnerable while the newer ones no longer are. If you wanna keep the scores genuine only have 1 game/window played/open at a time. There are some other bugs or "cheats" that can happen with the arcade some involving firefox and plugins but its not much of an issue unless you like cheating :D.

Juggernaut
07-13-2008, 12:40 PM
so what is going to happen to that super high score in skii ball? Is it on the to do list (dead last is fine even :) ) or what?

Dag
07-13-2008, 07:08 PM
you is slow......

Bob of the Shadows
07-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Egh, more high score troubles. I got a high score on MuMu (537), and when I finished, I got an error stating:

This score was not submitted from the game. Your score will not be saved.

Any idea what would cause that? :/

Juggernaut
07-13-2008, 09:41 PM
my epic influence on the arcade made you fail!

Dag
07-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Not sure exactly Bob I've had that happen to me before as well, but I wasn't able to duplicate the error again. So I don't think it happens that often.

Here's some things you can follow to try to prevent that from happening though.

I believe my session timeout for the forums is set at 30 minutes at least but I'll double check.
For some of the thinking games were you may spend a few extra minutes playing it then the fast paced ones, you might wanna have the remember me box checked when you log in. That way if you spend a long time in a game the session won't time out while your playing.

Start a new game from the original arcade window. If you open a game in a new window use the links on the page to start another or go back to your original window and close the finished one when choosing to play another game don't finish a game then hit refresh or the back button to start it over again. Also try to only have 1 game session open at a time.

Most of the newer games have these problems fixed but some games are older and haven't been re-done. If mu-mu is one that does this constantly I can see if I can find a more updated version of that.

minamarnic
07-13-2008, 10:12 PM
cheaters

Bob of the Shadows
07-13-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm not cheating! I beat Jugg fair and square. There's just no record of it, darnit.

Juggernaut
07-13-2008, 11:22 PM
that means the score is a lie! I am the greatest! MWUHAHAHAHA!

Threshy
07-14-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm not cheating! I beat Jugg fair and square. There's just no record of it, darnit.

Proof or it didn't happen. :p