Thread: 8 bit love
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 01:17 AM   #1
Dag
Rest your trigger on my finger

Points: 54,050, Level: 100 Points: 54,050, Level: 100 Points: 54,050, Level: 100
Level up: 2%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Dag is a splendid one to beholdDag is a splendid one to beholdDag is a splendid one to beholdDag is a splendid one to beholdDag is a splendid one to beholdDag is a splendid one to beholdDag is a splendid one to behold
Default 8 bit love

My earliest memories is of sitting right in front of my tv playing an atari game while momma was in the kitchen cooking mmm mmm.

But the sega master system was the system that I remember the most as I was old enough to actually remember and finish the games.

My older brother had 1 in his apartment and my older sister wanted one as she used to be a gamer back in the day too.

When she graduated junior high my day bought her one for a present and it became the family console.

It came with 1 cartridge hang on/astro warrior.

Seen below.

Even my dad got into it and would play this with us, and we would discuss strat on how to beat each level.
I don't think you could ever beat it it just repeated itself over and over and got harder every time if you beat all the bosses.

Phantasy Star
The first rpg I ever played.
I didn't really know what to do or how to play this as a kid but I still loved it. I would just keep making a new game and repeating it till the part where I couldn't beat it because I didn't know what else to do and I loved it.
Believe it or not at the time 86-87 this game was revolutionary and way ahead of the pack. First person mode in dungeons, and a female heroine for the main character hadn't been done yet to my knowledge. Maybe its why I always roll girl chars Alis was my first rpg love .

Ending.

Golvellius
ending.
(he appears to be walking over everything because towards the end of the game you got boots with wings on them so you could "fly" over all the terrain)

Good Zelda clone or better then zelda. Really never owning a nes I had no idea who link or zelda was till I saw a Saturday morning cartoon. But I loved playing this game. 1 of my favorite action adventure games of all time. And the most epic 8 bit music you will ever find. I used to blare this from my tv. I to this day still listen to this soundtrack in winamp as I was able to locate sound files for it.

Quartet full speed run.

Just showing how quick games like this could be played through back in the day. Quartet was one of those games were you could have 2 people playing co-op at the same time. In the 8 bit days that was rare.

And a blast from Evy's Past
Dragon Warrior.

There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt.
Love is the law, love under will.The priest of the princes,
ANKH-F-N-KHONSU
The Luminaries Founder
Site Admin
Hekas Hekas Este Bebeloi
Dag is offline   Reply With Quote