Go Back   The Lumiverse Forums > The Luminaries Community Forums > The Tavern

The Tavern For screenshots, Movies and tales of Victory.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:02 AM   #1
Dag
Rest your trigger on my finger

Points: 54,050, Level: 100 Points: 54,050, Level: 100 Points: 54,050, Level: 100
Level up: 2%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Dag is a splendid one to beholdDag is a splendid one to beholdDag is a splendid one to beholdDag is a splendid one to beholdDag is a splendid one to beholdDag is a splendid one to beholdDag is a splendid one to behold
Default Dag's Aquarium part2

About 2 years later.

a continuation of this old thread
http://www.theluminaries.net/forums/...read.php?t=188
See those 2 lil guys at the end. The lil Red lion head and the lil red n white Ryukin that was them 2 years ago here they are now.

Right click on the vid and zoom to full screen or save the link as to download and watch later, about 180 meg vid.

Unfortunately I lost the big Red Oranda and the Black Moor and Guppy from the first thread due to sickness over the last 2 years. But the Lion head and Red n White Ryukin are big and healthy. I also have a new lil Black Moor Butterfly in the vid and a lil Red Oranda though he was being shy and only came out for a second.

All the plants, driftwood and fishes are real :P. And they are native and shipped from Asia to American pet stores then to your home ect.
All the fish are fancy goldfish all Chinese and Japanese breed, the drift wood is Malaysian, and I have a ton of different plants in there that are native to different parts of the world, mostly Asia but some South American species too. some of the plants are potted others are tied to the driftwood, and the rest like the tall background plants have an anchor around the roots and are buried in the substrate(gravel) to the root.

There is some tubing/pluming you see in the background because aside from the built in filtration system that came pre-built into the back of the aquarium I added an external canister filter good ole German brand Eheim 2026 Professional model kinda like this but a little older smaller model.

with it I have a UV sterilizer attached to the filtered water going back into the aquarium to help kill off algae and parasites a little bit of algae is a sign of good water quality though. I may get a small clown plecostomus soon for a fifth fishy.

There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt.
Love is the law, love under will.The priest of the princes,
ANKH-F-N-KHONSU
The Luminaries Founder
Site Admin
Hekas Hekas Este Bebeloi

Last edited by Dag; 06-01-2010 at 04:19 AM.
Dag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:42 AM   #2
Dag

Points: 54,050, Level: 100 Points: 54,050, Level: 100 Points: 54,050, Level: 100
Dag is a splendid one to beholdDag is a splendid one to beholdDag is a splendid one to beholdDag is a splendid one to beholdDag is a splendid one to beholdDag is a splendid one to beholdDag is a splendid one to behold

I added 2 new friends tonight to my lil aqua-scape.

Here's some pics

06042010192.jpg
My big Lion Head he's a big Tank Bully

06042010193.jpg
My Little Red Oranda I got him 2 weeks ago.

06042010195.jpg
My Little Black Moor Butterfly I bought him with the Oranda

06042010196.jpg
My New Calico Ryukin got him today

06042010198.jpg
Was hard to focus on him but he's a baby Clown Plecostomus got him today with the Ryukin. He's camoed pretty well with the gravel.

40 gallon tank with 5 fancy goldfish I think is stocked enough for space might be a little cramped once they all get to adult size but I'll keep a close watch. As far as the bio load I do have 2 filters running so its no problem I may add another type of dwarf pleco to the tank I think its big enough for them too each have their own territory.

ANKH-F-N-KHONSU
The Luminaries Founder
Site Admin
Hekas Hekas Este Bebeloi

Last edited by Dag; 06-08-2010 at 02:56 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
Dag

I started to feed my fish people.
51bRPAbPW4L._SY450_.jpg

Haven't updated this in forever but I started using a 65 gallon all glass tank back in Jan of 2012. I'll have to get around to taking pictures or something now that I have a little more fun time.

I was just going to go with a 55 gallon but the 65 was the same length and it was maybe $20 or $30 more in price for those 10 extra gallons which it gets by making the tank a little taller.

It shipped by freight. I live on a dirt side street cul-de-sac which is mostly a road that does downhill. So the shipping guy was nice. As I helped him pull the palette off the trunk and place it down on the sidewalk at the top of my hill he exclaimed ehhhhh well this is curb side delivery dude good luck!!!!! and drove off...

I had fun dragging the palette down a dirt road with an all glass aquarium tied to it down to my place. Then lifting it up and carrying it a short distance, as my place is also on a hill. I live around hills.

ANKH-F-N-KHONSU
The Luminaries Founder
Site Admin
Hekas Hekas Este Bebeloi
Old 05-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
Dag

added 5 mixed nerite snails bought from ebay to a 20 gallon quarantine tank so they can munch on all the algae in my main tank in a few weeks once I'm sure they are healthy and parasite free. The store I bought them from sent me 6. 5 have moved since I added them to the tank the extra 6th one is sitting still. It's probably still alive it didn't smell nor fall out of the shell when I picked it up. I was worried because they spent 6 days in a plastic bag being shipped.

This is the first time I've had live aquaria shipped via USPS, normally I get very fancy goldfish from places that ship next day ups/fed ex.

Looks like I got 4 zebra or tiger striped nerites and 2 spotted or tracked nerites.

ANKH-F-N-KHONSU
The Luminaries Founder
Site Admin
Hekas Hekas Este Bebeloi
Old 06-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
Dag

I get this orange and black goldie in the mail tomorrow. It's about 3 inches. Found the breeder's store on ebay. It's a fantail called a "saddleback" I guess because of its dorsal fin color in relation to the rest of its body. Looks really cool. Below is the actual fish I'm receiving.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqRHJEEFGNMnQb)TBRp9stCehw~~60_12.JPG (73.8 KB, 6 views)

ANKH-F-N-KHONSU
The Luminaries Founder
Site Admin
Hekas Hekas Este Bebeloi
Old 06-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #6
Dag

I have a lil manatee being shipped to me next week that I'm excited about.

I've always wanted one for a very long time.

It's actually called a Ranchu which are hard to find mostly cause they are usually just breed in Asia, but I finally found a good spawn on aquabid.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...fish1370639527

ANKH-F-N-KHONSU
The Luminaries Founder
Site Admin
Hekas Hekas Este Bebeloi