Go Back   The Lumiverse Forums > The Luminaries Community Forums > Gaming Discussion

Gaming Discussion Discussions about PC and Console Gaming.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
Princess Ellithia
Initiate

Points: 5,482, Level: 47 Points: 5,482, Level: 47 Points: 5,482, Level: 47
Level up: 48%, 68 Points needed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Princess Ellithia is on a distinguished road
Default Browser Gaming

So, what browser games have you guys played lately? My list includes:

AirMech: Currently in beta, but a pretty fun game that the feel of an old red alert game. Pretty fun, where you control a flying mech that can land and transform (think transformers). Kinda fun, as it implements RTS, RPG, FPS kinda all in one. It has 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 online play and some very easy single player. You level up your account over time, similar to LoL and DoTa. Creeps are similar to those games as well. A fun little free game. It works if you have chrome browser, or you can download it to your pc.

Travian: Oh travian, you filled the void in my life after I stopped playing GW 1 in 2008. A time based game where you build up villages/armies to conquer what they call World Wonders. It's heavily team based, as alliances form in each server which inevitably brings alliance v alliance war. Servers can last as long as 400 days or so, so this is for those who like those log on, build/attack stuff, log off and come back in an hour or however long. Pretty addicting, and quite challenging as it fights to steal your personal life like all good PC games do.

So, these are the two games I've been into lately that are browser based. What games have you played that took up your time, or you are still playing now?

Last edited by Princess Ellithia; 08-23-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Princess Ellithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
Juggernaut
legendary post whore

Points: 9,979, Level: 66 Points: 9,979, Level: 66 Points: 9,979, Level: 66
Level up: 67%, 71 Points needed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Juggernaut is a splendid one to beholdJuggernaut is a splendid one to beholdJuggernaut is a splendid one to beholdJuggernaut is a splendid one to beholdJuggernaut is a splendid one to beholdJuggernaut is a splendid one to beholdJuggernaut is a splendid one to behold

I played a few months of travian and then I realized how far behind I actually was. I thought 1000 was a decent size army...man was I wrong. Once they started bringing catapults I was done. Everything up to that point was fun though.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
Threshy
Nothinghead.

Points: 10,783, Level: 68 Points: 10,783, Level: 68 Points: 10,783, Level: 68
Level up: 69%, 67 Points needed
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Threshy has much to be proud ofThreshy has much to be proud ofThreshy has much to be proud ofThreshy has much to be proud ofThreshy has much to be proud ofThreshy has much to be proud ofThreshy has much to be proud ofThreshy has much to be proud of

If MUDs count then yes I've played browser based games. White Wolf had a pretty good MUD going at one point, but that was over a decade ago.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
Princess Ellithia
Initiate

Points: 5,482, Level: 47 Points: 5,482, Level: 47 Points: 5,482, Level: 47
Level up: 48%, 68 Points needed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Princess Ellithia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threshy View Post
If MUDs count then yes I've played browser based games. White Wolf had a pretty good MUD going at one point, but that was over a decade ago.
I would say MUDs count. Haven't played one in a while though. Never played any White Wolf MUDs myself.
Princess Ellithia is offline   Reply With Quote